PKI TokensAuthentication, Encryption and Digital Signatures
PKI tokens provide secure storage for digital certificates and private keys. They allow public-key cryptography and digital signatures to be leveraged securely, without risk of leaking the private key information.
What is PKI?
PKI, meaning Public Key Infrastructure, is a system which creates, stores and distributes digital certificates. Digital-certificates are used to secure the transfer of information, assert identity information and verify the authenticity of messages through public key cryptography and digital signatures.
In a PKI, digital certificates are issued by a Certificate Authority (CA) and bind public keys with identities (eg, users).
PKI can be deployed in web applications, online banking, BYOD, e-ID, e-Healthcare and more.
- Data Encryption - Sensitive documents can be encrypted for storage or transfer using public-key cryptography, ensuring that only the intended user can then decrypt the document for viewing later.
- Authenticity Checking - By digitally signing a message or document, a recipient can be assured that the sender is trusted.
- Integrity Checking - Similar to Authenticity Checking, the use of digital signatures on sensitive messages or documents assures recipients that the data has not been modified after the signature was created.
- User Authentication - A common use of digital certificates is to assert the identity of a user when accessing a restricted system or resource.
Microcosm PKI Tokens
We supply the following PKI tokens:
|USB PKI Token||PKI Smart Card|
Secure storage of personal identity information, digital certificates and private keys in a tiny keychain sized USB key. Driverless* on Windows, Mac and Linux.
* Using 'winscard' API on Windows and PCSC/CCID on OS X and Linux.
Secure storage of personal identity information, digital certificates and private keys in a standard sized card. NFC-enabled for contactless applications. Can be used with any smart card reader.
|Order USB PKI Tokens Now||Order PKI Smart Cards Now|
Other PKI tokens are available, contact us to enquire.